As you can see from this website, I live the photographic life. I’m lucky enough to document some of the best parts of Louisville and I love to do it. Yesterday, I spent part of the afternoon on the basketball court, documenting the Louisville Cardinals win over Illinois State 69-66. Tough game, but the scrappy Cards pulled it out in the end. Here’s an excerpt of the article I wrote for Louisville.com:
Louisville rallied in the second half on Russ Smith dribble penetrations and Peyton Siva’s outside shooting. Siva knocked down 4 three pointers as Illinois State continued to clog up the middle to try to stop Behanan, Van Treese and Montrezl Harrell who played productive minutes. Siva stayed in control despite foul trouble. He directed the offense while hitting his shot. He totaled 20 points in the game.
See the full text of the article on Louisville.com.
Later in the evening, I got a chance to head to Sports & Social Club at 4th Street Live to do some photos of their Rocky’s Toy Drive 2 charity event. Bring a toy for reduced admission and, more importantly, the knowledge that you will make a kids Christmas better.
Oh, and you could party with people already in the holiday spirit, which makes the fun even more so. Metromix assigned me to cover the toy drive and how could I say no? We associate night clubs with debauchery, so when someone does something for those less fortunate, count me in.
You can find the outtakes from the party, and the Cardinal win below. Looking for the full take of Rocky’s Toy Drive 2? Click Metromix to get those.
- Louisville fends off Illinois State 69-66 (newsobserver.com)
- Louisville vs. Illinois State: Twitter Reaction, Postgame Recap and Analysis (bleacherreport.com)
- No. 5 Louisville avoids upset, escapes in final seconds against Illinois State (collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Smith’s 24 help No. 5 Louisville edge Illinois State (cbssports.com)
- No. 5 Louisville needs rally to edge Illinois State (scores.espn.go.com)