Those of us with the good fortune to live, work and play in the Ohio Valley know that the weather tends to be all over the place. For example, in just the past week we witnessed a heat wave with temps heading toward the 70 degree mark. Then we lived through tornadoes right after. Now we’ve got snow on the ground with more heading our way during the weekend. Even for the Ville, that’s unusual.
When Al Gore put out his movie “An Inconvenient Truth” about global climate change, people started to listen. Scientists told us earlier and over and over about what is going on, but it wasn’t until Mr. Gore put it together so dynamically that people paid attention. The global warming naysayers still perpetuate the lie that nothing’s going on, but I’ve long since dismissed them. Examples of today’s weather extreme below.
- Al Gore Slams Obama for Taking His Time with Global Warming (news.softpedia.com)
- Al Gore urges David Letterman not to despair about global warming: ‘There’s a lot of opportunity in this crisis’ (climatedepot.com)
- Al Gore: Very Significant Obama Put Climate Change in his Inaugural Address (tv.msnbc.com)
- Al Gore: Public Conditioned to Accept Atmosphere as ‘Open Sewer’ (pbs.org)
- It Is Official! Louisville Was Hit By A Tornado Wednesday Morning!!! Details On The Location… (fox41blogs.typepad.com)
- Weather Service: Small tornado hit S. Indiana town (posttrib.suntimes.com)