Last night the University of Louisville basketball Cardinals made another appearance on ESPN’s Big Monday broadcast by taking on old rival Cincinnati. The Cards rolled the team from up I-71 67-51 as they look to go into the Big East tournament. Thankfully, Louisville.com had enabled me to see every home game with my camera.
You can read my story and see the pictures that got published here. In this story you’ll find the outtakes and hopefully you’ll like them, too. Some games you get so many good ones you can’t publish them all on one outlet and this game was one of those.
The extra added attraction came at the end of the game when the school recognized coach Rick Pitino’s 300th victory at Louisville. In one of the photos, you can see the tears in the coaches eyes as he seems genuinely touched by the tribute. Gallery below.
- Louisville basketball gets ready for Syracuse (thisislouisville.com)
- Cincinnati vs. Louisville: Why Cardinals Should Be Wary of Upset Monday Night (bleacherreport.com)
- Louisville basketball in the second half (thisislouisville.com)
- Pitino earns his 300th win as coach of Louisville (scores.espn.go.com)
- Louisville gets back to the basics, pulls away from Cincinnati (collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Pitino picks up 300th victory at Louisville as Cards top Cincy (cbssports.com)
- Pitino earns 300th win at Louisville as Cardinals roll Cincy (cbssports.com)
- No. 8 Louisville wears down Cincinnati, 67-51 (newsday.com)
- No. 8 Louisville vs. Cincinnati final score: Cardinals pull away in second half (sbnation.com)