Saturday night, I got a chance to spend an evening with the Eagles at the KFC Yum! Center on the first leg of their new tour called “History of the Eagles” that I covered for Louisville.com. I knew their music – who doesn’t – but I’d never seen them in concert before. As you might imagine, the excitement level was off the chart. Here’s an excerpt that I wrote:
A sold out crowd at the KFC Yum! Center saw the History of the Eagles and relived some of the greatest moments in the history of rock and roll on Saturday night. The Eagles were the biggest selling band of the 70s and proved it with sing along hits and some surprises, too. The band seemed fresh and inspired by hitting the road again and playing the first show of the tour in front of an arena packed to the rafters with fans.
My job was photography and concert review. We shot for three songs, as is standard, but then they called us back and let us shoot 4 more songs. When you read the review at Louisville.com, you’ll see why, though I didn’t spell it out there because it was procedural and not endemic to fans enjoyment of the show. Check out the photos below.
- Eagles Tickets Sales Soar on BuyAnySeat.com as New Dates Released (prweb.com)
- The Eagles take the long road (sacbee.com)
- The Eagles Leave Fans Flying High! (examiner.com)
- The Eagles Concert Tickets: JustCheapTickets.com Reports All Tickets Have Now Been Discounted for Phenomenal Performances in History Tour (prweb.com)
- Eagles Add More History Of The Eagles Dates (noise11.com)